U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) - provides impartial information on the ecosystems and environment, natural hazards, natural resources, climate, land-use, and core science systems that provide timely, relevant, and useable information.
NIST Chemistry WebBook
- provides access to data compiled and distributed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
responsible for the nation's civilian space program and for
aeronautics and aerospace research.
Encyclopedia of Earth
- a free, expert-reviewed collection of content contributed by scholars, professionals, educators, practitioners and other experts.
Physics Reference Data
- Includes physical constants, atomic and molecular spectroscopy data, X-ray and gamma-ray data, and nuclear physics data. From the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- A regularly updated source for information about research advances in science, medicine, health, and technology. Content for the site is screened by an advisory committee of journalists and public-information specialists.
Genetics Home Reference
- the National Library of Medicine's web site for consumer information about genetic conditions and the genes or chromosomes related to those conditions.
- Covers individual plants, invasive species, threatened and endangered plants, checklists by state, fact sheets, and over 40,000 photographs. From the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- a gateway to government science information and research results. Search 55 scientific databases and 200 million pages of science information with just one query.